Monday, August 6, 2012

Bridal Shower Invites

Last night I spent some time making bridal shower invites!  I love when I start a little project and can get so much done at once.  I got all my pieces cut and ready to go so that I could just piece it all together in a sort of assembly line kind of fashion.  I made 35 invites for my besties bridal shower coming up in September, it's sneaking up really fast!  

It was very relaxing to sit down alone away from screaming children and focus on these.  My sister actually showed up in my basement and said, "did you know your family doesn't even know your home?"  We both got a good laugh out of that, my husband thought I was still at my parent's house, although after I thought about it I know I talked to him when I came home before going to the basement.  We have all been really distracted lately after learning my Dad has Stage IV metastatic melanoma.  I'd really appreciate lots of prayers at this time as he makes some big decisions.  I think the hardest part of it all for him is he feels perfectly fine now, so going for treatments that will make him feel sick sounds a little backwards.  


I used the CTMH Art Philosphy cartridge to cut out the orange shape, I used the tag setting when I cut it.  Tying the baker's twine on seemed like it would take forever, but once I got started it went really quick!  I even learned how to use the smudge tool in photo shop, just to edit this pic!


No comments:

Post a Comment