Monday, June 11, 2012

The Wedding!

My sister was the most beautiful bride I've ever seen this weekend and I could not have asked for a better brother in law!  The wedding went great and I had way too much fun.  Good thing I had Sunday to recover b/c it was right back to work today for me!

I fretted for 2 days over how I was gonna give my speech without crying through the whole thing.  I managed to get it all out but there were several tears!  I REALLY hope there wasn't any one videoing at that moment!  Here it is:

Anyone who has spent time around John and Melissa has probably heard their list of “Rules,” especially early in their relationship.  I’ve heard many of these rules but there’s only a couple that stick in my mind, such as:  #1-You can’t drive a VW Beetle and #18-I do what I want.  I’m sure that the list of 1,037 rules is a very important part of the couple they have become, but I’d like to give you a new shorter list of rules to live by in your marriage:

  1. Be patient (Ephesians 4:2-3) (1 Corinthians 13:4-7)
    • Melissa-You are probably always going to find John’s dirty socks on the floor and John- Melissa is probably always going to nag you about it anyway
  2. Never go to bed angry (Ephesians 4:26)
    • Communication is an important part of any relationship and avoiding challenges that may arise will only make them worsen.  
  3. Marriage is Forever (1 Corinthians 7:39) (Matthew 19:4-5) (Matthew 5:32)
    • There IS going to be disagreements and challenges in your future-Always remember all the reasons you LOVE each other today, because that love should outweigh any faults you find in each other throughout the rest of your lives.    

I remember the first night I met John, he began to tell me why my sister was different from other girls, I don’t remember his exact words, but what I remember is that he couldn’t find the exact words to describe why she was so special to him.  John, welcome to the family and I hope the two of you will always have a love for each other that cannot be put into words.

3 comments:

  1. Rules to live by! I pray they have a long, beautiful, and prosperous marriage. May it be full of love, laughter and friendship :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great rules! Your sister and new husband look very happy and make a gorgeous couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that last sentence. Great job!

    ReplyDelete