I have scrapbooked in the traditional way since I was in high school and I still LOVE it! I have however started to do some digital scrapbooking over the last few years. I think the reason I started in with the digital was that in our first house there just wasn't any room to set up my scrapbooking stuff, especially after our 2nd child was born. When we were house shopping, I was constantly looking for a scrap book room, not that it was ever a deal breaker not to have one or anything. There are many pros to both ways. I can't just give up on paper, I have too much stuff to just stop! I scrapbook for each of my kids on paper and then I do digital for our "family" album.
I think my favorite part about the digital is that I can make my kids each their own copy of the same book. I make my pages using Photoshop and save them as JPeg's then upload them to Shutterfly. The first book I made was a 2005-2010 album. It started with our wedding. I printed it as a 12 x 12 album and it turned out great! I then printed 2 8x8 copies of the same book, one for each of the kiddos and a wrote a little letter in the front of each book to each of them. I plan to print a book every 2 or 3 years to be kept in their keepsake boxes. One thing about doing it this way instead of just printing individual pages is that I'll only have an actual book to share every couple of years. I usually post all my pages to facebook though, so I'm still able to share them through the wonderful web :)
This is one of my favorite pages in my 2011-????. It's actually a title page that I used a free template for:

What a cool idea. It is such an easy way to share.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool!!!
ReplyDelete