Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

This weekend my 4 year old daughter Marissa and I made Valentine's day cards.  I used an idea I found on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pin/42643527691154040/.  She refused to smile for me this morning of course.  I tried to take a pic of just the card but for some reason during the time I took this picture and walked to the kitchen something happened to my SD card and when I turned the camera on it said it was defective!  






I used the Art Philosphy cartridge for my cricut, cut the butterfly out on pink paper at a size 4 1/2 in.  Then we used different shades of patterned paper and cut the same butterfly out at 4 1/4 in.  I glued these together, Marissa wrote her name on each of them by herself.  We had to split that project up into 2 evenings because she got bored with signing them.  I cut 2 holes into the center of each butterfly and slid the suckers in which I had glued eyes on.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole, don't you just love this age! Cute butterfly card. I am now following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue, Yes I'm loving this age :) My husband really outdid me this Valentine's day... But that'll be coming up tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete