Thursday, April 19, 2012

Time

Yesterday I took my wood blocks to work, so that I could show them to someone, then of course everyone had to see them.  I had several people ask me, "When do you find time to do all this?"  Tonight as I was cleaning up for bible study/craft night at my house I realized some of the ways I make time for crafting. 
  • I don't spend a lot of time cleaning- My house isn't some nasty pig sty or anything, but I don't dust often, there is a constant pile of laundry in need of folding, and I usually don't vacuum unless I'm having company, the kid's almost constantly have toys covering the family room floor.  (Actually this would all probably bother me more if I didn't have a formal living room and dining room which isn't really used and therefore stays presentable most of the time.)  I get home from work about 5 and try to have supper ready to eat by 6, I unload the dishwasher as I'm cooking and then reload it as soon as we're done eating, then wipe everything down quick.
  • I have an AMAZING husband :)  We work as a team most nights to get the kid's bathed and ready for bed, then I have a couple hours of free time after bedtime before I actually go to sleep at 11pm or sometimes later.  He also doesn't care that I spend an evening a week with my crafting friends, but he also got used to being the only parent in the evening when I used to work night shift.  
  • I don't watch TV-It's not that I NEVER watch TV, I just don't care to and usually when I do find time to watch TV there's nothing on that I care to see.  
  • I've been spending lots of time doing crafty things on the weekends.  Saturday and Sunday afternoons I don't usually have a lot to do, so when the kid's go down for the naps I have free time.  That is if I don't decide I need a nap too.  
  • Spending time with the kids- Yes this is one way that I find time, my daughter LOVES to scrapbook with me.  Both kids also love helping Daddy 'fix' things, so when Daddy takes them out to the garage I have some craft time.  
I'd love to hear how you make time for hobbies!  

4 comments:

  1. I only work 3 days a week most of the time so I have allot of time get other things done so I be in my scraproom creating away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. During the day I run into my craft room here and there for maybe only 2 minutes at a time to glue something down, or to find a paper I want to use. At night, I sometimes slip in after the baby is in bed and craft for a while. Almost every weekend I have a crop to attend with friends..I am not always able to go but love to when I can. That's how I find craft time.

    Isn't it fun when your kids want to craft with you? All of my older ones love to make cards and scrapbook. So, each of them have their own rubbermaid bin with their own papers, scissors, glue, and stickers. Then I will let them use my punches and sometimes I will cut them something out with my cricut. For birthdays and Christmases they always get some new stickers and things for their own crafting bins. They love this! So do I because they aren't getting into my things that I bought for a certain project.

    It's sometimes hard to find crafting time when you are a mom or work outside the home or both.. but we all deserve a little time to enjoy doing something we love because we are almost always doing things for everyone else. And really, our scrapbooking iS for the family..to preserve our wonderful memories! Right? :)

    Have a great day, Nichole!

    Hugs,
    HL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have piles of laundry too. Dusting isn't on the top of my list either, so glad to hear I'm not the only one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have to admit that I'm a little spoiled. My Grandma babysits my 4 yr old 2 afternoons a week and she folds whatever laundry she finds! She also picks up the toy room and DD's room. She always says my house is more fun to clean than hers. lol

      Delete