If you are a cricut user, you've probably noticed there has been a big change in their 12x12 mats! They are not nearly as sticky and your paper easily slides off while cutting which ruins it. The only advantage I've seen with these mats is you don't have to worry about your paper sticking too much when they are brand new. The 12 x 24 mats have not changed, so I've been buying them and cutting them in half. This works perfectly well! I was checking prices the other day and realized this is way more economical any way, why didn't I start doing this a LONG time ago! For 15.99 at Hobby Lobby I got 2 12x24 mats, but basically 4 mats once they're cut. I believe the 12 x 12 mats were 11.99 for 2.
I also found one of the old style 12 x 12 mats and have been using it. Tonight I realized I should have tried selling it, since they aren't being made anymore the ones listed on amazon are priced at 39.99 for 2 mats!
What a stinkin' GENIUS idea!!! TFS! (now if only they leave the 12 x 24 ones alone!)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, I try everything I can to use my mats as long as I can.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to have to check those out. I HATE the new mats. They really stink. I've taken to using temporary adhesive on them. I think we should complain to Cricut.
ReplyDeleteYeah, the new mats are horrible! I still have to buy them though to use with my imagine. :(
ReplyDelete