Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wood Blocks

Wow, Do I have a lot of projects going on right now!  Last night I got these 2 sets of Family blocks made that were requested from co-workers.  I also attempted to cut out some vinyl signs for a couple of frames I'm making, but was having trouble with that, I'm not sure if it was the gypsy or cricut messing that up :(  I also started making Ryan's 3rd Birthday invitations the other night.  I was multi-tasking and working on my Dino layout while waiting for the invitation parts to cut.  I'm going to have lots to share this week!
I used the CTMH Florentine paper for this one and the flower I bought in a pack at Hobby Lobby, I don't remember which brand it was. 

I 
The brown paper behind the is everything, a, and, i is from the CTMH Victory kit.  The rest of the papers are from a pack called tattered and torn that I found at Michael's and LOVE, every page in the pack is PERFECT for these blocks! 

12 comments:

  1. these are gorgeous! whoever owns these are super lucky!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks are awesome! I love the papers you used, especially those browns! Great work! Are your blocks all free standing or did you attach them somehow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all free standing. I did make my Grandma a set that she attached b/c they fell over. I haven't even had a problem with any of mine falling over and I have lots of them sitting around my house :)

      Delete
  3. These came out great! Sounds like you are busy but a good busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way these turned out. I keep thinking I need to make something like this. Really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, you have been busy! The blocks turned out beautiful :D can't wait to see the rest of the projects you're working on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your wooden blocks, Nichole! looking forward to your upcoming projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just so lovely! Beautiful work, Nichole! Hopefully soon you will get some 'downtime'... wishful thinking?
    Jasmine
    alittledabofglue.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome!
    No doing nothing this weekend, getting cold here and we have no wood for our fire! so wood collecting we go ... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Where do you get the blocks from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blocks actually come from scraps at a local cabinet company. If I continue selling more I may have to go to the lumber yard though!

      Delete
  10. These are gorgeous!!!! I especially love that you made them from scraps. Very cost effective and I love anything I can upcycle! I'll get your Eclos stuff in the mail to you soon.

    ReplyDelete