Monday, March 19, 2012

Pinterest inspired cards

When I saw this card on Pinterest, the first thing I thought was, I can totally do that with my Gypsy!  So, I pinned it to my board probably a couple months ago and finally thought about it again last night.
Here is my version:



First I designed the card on my gypsy: I used the blank card from New Arrival and changed the dimensions to 5.5 x 11.  Then I added a heart from George and Basic Shapes just to use as a guide as I added my butterflies, which are from Indie Art.  I deleted the heart when I was done adding the butterflies.  

I used Colonial white cardstock from CTMH to cut the card out.  I was a little worried about whether the cricut would cut all them little butterflies, but I didn't have any problems with it.  I used a piece of scrap white paper, size 5x5, and sprayed it with Gold Glow Smooch Spritz from Stampin Up.  I glued that to left inner side of the card to show through the butterflies. The stamps are all from CTMH.  I wanted ribbon to put on the side, but didn't have the right color, so I used the swirly stamp instead.  

7 comments:

  1. Super cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nichole, your cards are lovely! I like pinterest, too! So many great ideas! Have a great day! ~HL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the way you cut all the butterflies and put then in the heart shape. That's impressive. What a great effect. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The best thing about it is that it's all saved on my Gypsy, so all I have to do is plug it in to the cricut, open the file and hit cut next time :)

      Delete
  4. Oh this is wonderful! May have to try something like this! Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete