Monday, March 26, 2012

Wood Blocks


A couple of my crafting friends and I have been planning to make these wood block projects for a while! &nbsp;We've been scavenging for some scrap pieces of wood to use and collected quite a bit. &nbsp;Last week one of them got her project complete and was working on her second one, making us feel like slackers. &nbsp;We went out to get more wood and some leftover paint we could recycle. &nbsp;Friday night I was planning to get my house clean, but I decided I was gonna get my blocks DONE. &nbsp;I really LOVE how they turned out and I can't wait to get some more done! &nbsp;I just need to get some big pieces of wood cut down to size first, maybe I can talk my husband into doing that tonight. &nbsp;Here's my first project!<br />



I spray painted the wood blocks black in the morning then flipped them soon as I got home from work and sprayed them again, so by the time we were done with supper they were ready to work with. &nbsp;I used paper from CTMH Roxie kit and just cut it down the size of each block. &nbsp;I cut the LOVE out on the cricut using Printing Press. &nbsp;I had originally just used some spray adhesive to stick these on the block before I mod podged them. &nbsp;I cut the flower out from Art Philosphy. &nbsp;(I was excited I found something to use these for because I always like them but don't use them in my scrapbook b/c they take up too much space in an album.) &nbsp;I mod podged over everything and my paper all wrinkled up!!! &nbsp;I was able to peel it all off and mod podge under it and then over it too and &nbsp; it looked fine after that.

3 comments:

  1. ohhh..super cute!! Love the colors and patterns you chose! so much fun! have a great week!~hl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, what a fantastic idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project, mod podge use to do that to me too until a friend of mine told me to apply a layer, let it dry and then another before applying it, no more wrinkles.

    ReplyDelete